A green salad is a perfect go-to meal when you’re in the mood for something in between – a meal that’s not too light but not too heavy either. It is easy to prepare and you can choose what dressing to use according to your current mood.
If you’re in the mood for something refreshing yet easy to prepare for your next meal, here are 3 green salad recipes to try:
Mint Greens Mix
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced avocado
- 1 cup sliced cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon mint apple jelly
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
In a medium bowl, combine vegetable oil, mint apple jelly, white wine vinegar and garlic to make the dressing. Divide spinach leaves, avocado and cantaloupe between 2 serving plates then sprinkle with red bell pepper and mint leaves. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
Tropical Twist Green Salad
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups torn arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix together apple cider vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup and salt in a bowl to make the vinaigrette. Set aside. In a salad bowl, combine pineapple, onion, arugula leaves and cilantro. Pour dressing over fresh ingredients and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
The Orange Surprise
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup creamy salad dressing
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
To make the dressing, whisk together creamy salad dressing, white sugar, white vinegar and poppy seeds in a bowl. Place mandarin oranges, baby spinach, mixed salad greens, and red onion in a serving plate and top with slivered almonds. Drizzle poppy seed dressing over salad and toss to coat before serving.
Regular consumption of fresh salads will keep your body healthy and energized. Not only that, your appetite will be satisfied as well. Try these delicious and refreshing green salad recipes for your next meal – you’ll definitely want to start eating healthy more!