If you like adding a bit of protein to your salad greens but still want something light, seafood is the perfect choice. Adding a few chunks of fish or a few pieces of shrimp to your greens with a light dressing will result to a light and refreshing meal!
Here are 4 refreshing seafood salads you’ll love:
Shrimply Refreshing Salad
- 1/2 kilogram large shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Place the cooked shrimp, eggs, carrot celery and onion in a large salad bowl. Add mayonnaise and gently toss to mix ingredients well. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Fresh Lobsterrific Salad
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/2 small white onion, sliced
- 1/2 kilogram cooked lobster meat, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, combine lobster and melted butter. Stir in mayonnaise and season with black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes. When ready, mix together salad greens, tomato and onion in a large salad bowl. Top with lobster mixture, toss and serve.
Curry and Cinnamon Tuna Salad
- 1/4 kilogram water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Combine tuna, pickle relish, lemon juice, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, cinnamon, curry powder, black pepper and salt in a bowl. Stir to combine ingredients well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Avocado and Salmon Salad Mix
- 1 avocado, cored and halved
- 1 1/2 cups pink salmon (from can), drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
Mix together salmon, celery, onion, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a bowl. Toss to combine ingredients well. Season with dill and salt. Divide mixture into two and scoop onto each avocado half. Chill in the refrigerate until ready to serve.